This easy strawberry banana smoothie is so quick and simple to make with under 5 ingredients…but it’s a classic for a reason!
Sweet, creamy, and the perfect complementary pairing of strawberry and banana – what’s not to love?!
The recipe I’m providing here is for a classic strawberry banana smoothie with just the necessary ingredients, no extra frills 🙂 This recipe celebrates the pairing of strawberry and banana in all its glory, and really doesn’t need much else if you ask me. But I do give some suggestions for how you can change this smoothie up a bit to make it your own if you’d like.
Seriously though, this is one smoothie you won’t get sick of.
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie With Yogurt
Step 1: Gather ingredients
This recipe calls for just a few simple ingredients: strawberry, banana, milk, and yogurt. Optionally, you can also add a splash of vanilla extract 🙂
These basic ingredients make for a lovely smooth and creamy drink, with just the right amount of sweetness and a perfect strawberry-banana ratio.
However, like most smoothies, this strawberry banana smoothie can be as simple or as elaborate as you’d like.
The basic bones of the smoothie are just strawberries, banana, and milk. But you can easily customize this classic smoothie to make it your own.
Here are some variations you can try by adding just a couple of extra ingredients:
- Make it high protein by adding a nut butter, chia seeds, oats, nuts, seeds, etc.
- Make it into a thick and creamy strawberry banana smoothie bowl by freezing your fruits and adding thick Greek yogurt.
- Try out different types of milk for the base: coconut milk, almond milk, oat milk, etc.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice to bring out some zest and enhance the berry flavour.
- Make it into a green smoothie by adding leafy greens and avocado (since strawberry and banana are both naturally sweet, you can easily add a handful of spinach or kale to make it a green smoothie and it will still taste wonderful and fruity).
…there are so many possibilities!
Step 2: Blend!
Is a Strawberry Banana Smoothie Healthy?
This strawberry banana smoothie recipe is made with nutritious whole foods, and no added sugar.
Both strawberries and bananas are naturally very sweet, eliminating the need for added sweeteners in this smoothie. While these fruits naturally have a high-sugar content, they also have many beneficial components such as fibre, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
The fibre from the fruits, along with the protein and fat provided by the milk and yogurt in this smoothie, help counter the high sugar content of the fruits. Fibre, protein, and fat will all help regulate metabolism by reducing blood sugar spikes.
The milk and yogurt also make the smoothie more satiating, and the yogurt contains beneficial probiotics for your gut!
Give this quick and easy strawberry banana smoothie a taste and let me know how you like it in the comments below!
Classic Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This classic strawberry banana smoothie is creamy, fruity, and so quick and easy to make!
- 1.5 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen*)
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen*)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 scoop or 1/4 cup of plain, unsweetened yogurt
- Splash of vanilla extract (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender (frozen ingredients added last).
- Blend until smooth (about 30-60 seconds).
- Serve and enjoy!
*Use one frozen fruit (either strawberries or banana) for the best texture.
If you use all frozen fruits, this smoothie will be very thick, more like a smoothie bowl consistency.