The Vitamix E310 blender is a highly user-friendly blender, with simple features and a conveniently smaller pitcher than other Vitamix models. It is also cheaper than many similar Vitamix models, while still delivering on power with a 2 HP motor!
Read on to find out more about the Vitamix E310 and whether this blender is right for you!
In this guide, we’ll be going over:
- What can the Vitamix E310 do?
- Vitamix E310 specifications
- Vitamix E310 pros and cons
- Vitamix E310 reviews
- Who should buy it
- How to use and clean it
- Where to buy
…Let’s get into it!
What Can The Vitamix E310 Do?
The Vitamix E310 is powerful, durable, and can make a wide variety of different blends, including:
- Smoothies and other drinks
- Dips and spreads
- Baby food
- Nut butters
- Frozen desserts
Does the Vitamix E310 make soup?
Yes, the Vitamix E310 can make soup – both hot and cold.
To make hot soup, blend ingredients together on the highest speed for around 6 minutes. The blades spin so fast on high that they generate significant friction and heat. In about 6 minutes, your soup should be steaming hot!
To make cold or chilled soup, blend ingredients together on high until thoroughly smooth, or until desired texture/consistency is reached. The mixture might get warm from the high speed, but as long as you’re not blending for several minutes, it shouldn’t get hot. Chill the soup in the fridge or freezer to cool it down after blending, if needed.
You can find all sorts of soup recipes to make in your Vitamix (with ingredients and blending directions) on the Vitamix website, in the Vitamix cookbooks, and on tons of cooking blogs online.
Can Vitamix E310 make nut butter?
Yes, the Vitamix E310 can make nut butter.
Simply blend your choice of nuts on high until it reaches a nut butter state. You may need to use a tamper to push the mixture to the blades and keep it blending, or even stop and scrape down the sides of the container every once in a while. But it will get there with enough blending!
Vitamix E310 Specifications
-48-oz container (BPA-free plastic)
-Spill-proof two-part lid with plug for tamper use and for adding ingredients while blending
-Stainless steel 3″ blades
-Built-in radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
|11 x 8 x 18 in.
Vitamix E310 Pros and Cons
Vitamix E310 Reviews
Here are some comments buyers have made about the Vitamix E310…
What they like:
- Blends very well and is low maintenance.
- So simple and easy to use
- Doesn’t have bells and whistles, but it is very powerful.
- 48-oz container is plenty for a large smoothie with extra to spare.
- Highly recommend to people that need the powerful blending capability but won’t necessarily use all the extra bells and whistles of the more expensive models.
- Makes smooth and creamy smoothie and cashew cheese sauce.
- Smoothies have zero chunks
- Love how easy it is to use and clean
- Perfect size for 2 people
- Use it every night, sometimes twice. Makes the best cauliflower rice. Excellent homemade tomato soup.
- The right tool for when changing dietary habits.
- Hummus came out so silky smooth
- A must have for plant-based meals. A daily essential in my kitchen.
- Blends perfectly within a few minutes
- Makes the best meal replacement shakes ever and easy to clean.
- Blends my morning smoothie into a completely uniform liquid. Can also make my own nut butter now in under a minute, grind my own almond flour, and more.
- It’s completely changed my morning routine and saves time.
- Soups get hot fast. Creamy and silky texture is achieved.
- No chunks of frozen fruit are left in smoothies and it grinds seeds into flour easily.
- Short container size allows it to fit under cabinets on countertop.
- Can coil the cord around for neat and tidy storage.
- Can make creamy and smooth hot soups, slightly chunky hot soups, frozen fruit smoothies, nut butter, nut flour, ground spices, and more.
- Great value and great product. Love that it has all the features I need and none that I don’t.
- Super easy to clean
- Can warm up a too-cold smoothie by just running it a little longer.
- I like the size of the jar – perfect for 2-3 people. The jar is light and short and easy to clean.
- The quality and performance is exactly what you’d expect.
- I appreciate the “basicness” of it – I never felt like I missed the preset programs or all the extras from the other models.
- Perfect for small family. The size is just right, makes up to 3-4 smoothies, hummus for a week, even large soups.
What they don’t like:
- Some oil/grease gets on the clear plastic where the motor meets the gear. (Although not much, and it doesn’t always happen).
- Haven’t been able to properly mix pastry dough with it – the Vitamix blades are way too powerful.
- Container is light in weight so must be held with one hand when using the tamper so it doesn’t dislodge and “grind.”
- The provided tamper cannot reach the sides, so you have to stop and scrape down the sides.
- Blades are not removable – make it hard to get all the blended food out and to clean.
- 48-oz container is too small
- Loud on the medium to high settings – worried about disturbing apartment neighbours.
The simplicity of the Vitamix E310 is a major plus. Most customers report that they find this blender meets all their needs and they love how easy it is to use and clean. It appears that extra features and settings are not really needed.
It also has the excellent motor power that Vitamix blenders are known for, and customers appreciate how versatile this makes the blender.
The size of the container can either be a pro or con, depending on what portion sizes you typically make. For individuals or small families, the 48-oz container generally makes big enough portions, can handle smaller portion sizes too, and has the bonus of being convenient to store away or keep on your counter. On the other hand, if you are used to larger container and portion sizes, the 48-oz container might be too small to make big enough batches at a time.
One other notable complaint that some people have is that this blender can be very loud. As with most high-powered blenders, blending on the high settings will produce significant noise. However, blender noise can be subjective – it all depends on what you’re used to and what you’re willing to tolerate!
Should I Buy the Vitamix E310?
The Vitamix E310 is the right blender for someone who:
- Wants something reliable, tough, durable, dependable; a blender that they don’t have to worry about.
- Wants a versatile blender to make anything in (not just smoothies or simple drinks).
- Wants a simple and intuitive Vitamix without any fuss or fancy features, that’s easy to use.
- Wants a blender that they will use everyday (not just take out once in a while to blend something).
- Wants a shorter Vitamix to fit in their cabinets/on their counter more easily.
- Typically blends small portion sizes (for 1-2 people).
The Vitamix E320 is not the ideal blender for someone who:
- Wants a good blender for smoothies and other drinks, but not much else.
- Wants a blender that’s small, light, and easy to store away/transport.
- Doesn’t need to make blends in a powerful blender very often
- Wants a blender with smart technology, preprogrammed/automated settings.
- Wants a blender they can throw in the dishwasher.
- Wants a quiet blender.
How to Use the Vitamix E310
As we can see from customer reviews, the Vitamix E310 is easy and straightforward to use. The few basic controls of this blender make blending simple and intuitive.
These are the general steps to follow when blending with the Vitamix E310:
- Put your ingredients in the blender jug. For optimal blending, add the ingredients in the following order: first liquids, then soft ingredients, then hard/frozen ingredients.
- Secure the lid on the jug and place the jug on the motor base.
- Turn on the blender (on/off toggle at the base). Make sure the speed control dial is at the lowest speed.
- Press the start/stop switch to start the motor.
- Slowly increase the speed using the dial. Or set the speed and use the pulse switch.
- While blending, use a tamper through the lid if needed to help push the food into the blades. Add more liquid/ingredients through the lid if needed. Stop to scrape down the sides if needed.
- Once well blended, dial down the speed back to the lowest, press the start/stop switch to stop the motor.
- Serve. Rinse and wash jug as soon as possible.
How to Clean the Vitamix E310
The Vitamix E310 is also very easy and straightforward to clean.
Simply fill the container with warm soapy water and blend on high for half a minute. This should dislodge any food stuck around the blades and leave the container clean or mostly clean.
Sometimes, with more thick and sticky blends, it is easier to go in with soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge and give the container a quick scrub by hand.
Where to Buy the Vitamix E310
You can buy the Vitamix E310 directly from Vitamix or from retailers like Amazon.
The Vitamix E310 blender offers great simplicity and convenience, along with power and versatility.
Those looking for a more compact and small Vitamix blender will appreciate the unique 48-oz container.
When considering this blender, be sure to keep in mind your intended portion sizes, intended uses, and, of course, budget.
Let me know in the comments below if you’ve tried the Vitamix E310 and what you like or don’t like about it! I’d love to hear your opinion!