The Vitamix Professional Series 750 is an incredible machine, but it’s also, without a doubt, one of the more expensive household blenders out there.
Thus, it is important to fully assess all aspects of this blender, from specs to reviews, to see if it is worth the money for you and your personal blending needs/uses.
This guide goes over:
- Vitamix 750 specifications
- Vitamix 750 pros and cons
- Vitamix 750 reviews
- Who should/shouldn’t buy it
- How to use and clean it
- Where to buy
- Additional FAQ
…Let’s get into it!
Vitamix 750 Specifications
|Vitamix Series||Classic G-Series|
|Dimensions||Base: 8.5L x 7.5W x 8.5H in.|
|Components||-Motor base |
-Low-profile 64-oz container (BPA-free plastic)
-Stainless steel blades (4″ diameter)
-Lid with plug
-Built-in radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
|Controls||-5 pre-programmed settings (Smoothies, Hot Soups, Frozen Desserts, Purees, Self-Cleaning)|
-Variable 10-speed dial
|Colour options||-Black |
|Cord length||6 ft.|
|Warranty||-Comes with 7-year standard full warranty |
-Option for extended +3yr warranty ($75)
Vitamix 750 Pros and Cons
|Pros||-Very powerful and versatile |
-Low-profile container is easy to store and great for large batches
-Pre-programmed settings allow for hands-off operation
|Cons||-Very expensive |
-Doesn’t handle small batches well
Note: These are the main pros and cons based off the specifications of the blender. It is important to also consider user reviews (see next section below) in order to get a more comprehensive, anecdotal, and perhaps more accurate assessment of where this blender excels and where it disappoints.
Vitamix 750 Reviews
Here are some of the notable comments customers have made about the Vitamix 750 in terms of what they liked or disliked about it, whether or not they think it is worth it, etc.
- “Very powerful and strong machine. So many fun recipes to try for different flavors and superfoods. I love that it comes with quality pieces that feel durable and strong […] Quality parts, quality machine, worth your dollar.”
- “I just love love love my pro 750. I’ve had it for over 4 1/2 years”
- “It’s a life changer. It’s everything I expected to be. It is the hardest working piece in my household. I use it twice if not three times a day.”
- “Talk about creamy… Smoothies, nut butters, sauces also smooth and silky. And frozen desserts… Add some frozen banana and some other fruit or cacao powder and dessert is served! Need a quick salsa? Put the Vitamix on a low speed and pulse while using the tamper and you’ll have a yummy fresh salsa. What can’t this thing do?”
- “I have used it almost every day since the day I got it and I love everything I have been able to make with it. Smoothies, ice cream, soup, cashew butter, and cashew milk are just a handful of things I’ve made with it so far. I love that I can sneak in vegetables in the smoothies I make for my two small children and they can’t even tell the veggies are in there thanks to the Vitamix!”
- “From smoothies, to soups, to margaritas I am in love! Looking at nut butters next! Have lost 8lbs since buying!”
- “Although the look is a little chunky, the service this super machine provides certainly makes up for it. I am eating more vegetables via smoothies and soups, and I purée vegetables almost instantly, and cleanup is a breeze.”
- “Yes, this is a huge investment, but I promise it can make steaming hot chocolate from frozen chips and cold milk. You can fill it with frozen berries and it will blend them completely smooth.”
- “We use it almost every day for making smoothies and it does a great job.”
- “I bought this after much thought! Let us face it – it is not a small price to pay for a kitchen item! […] We have made gorgeous green smoothies, stunning soups, perfect pizza dough and formidable frozen desserts. Food can be prepared and “cooked” in minutes and the machine even cleans itself! We are working our way through the cook book! It is fair to say that we use the Vitamix 4 times a week. So yes a very expensive decision but well worth it for the years of pleasure it will give.”
- “The 7 year warranty isn’t offered by any other competitor.”
- “Blends berries into smooth liquid, vegetables into hot and ready soups or refreshing drinks! The programs alone takes the guess work out of timing your blends; especially the self cleaning feature!”
- “I bought each one as as an upgrade as I became more serious with smoothies and juicing. Each time I stayed away from the Vitamix because it simply cost too much. If I knew then what I know now, I would have spent the money up front on a Vitamix, and would have actually saved money. In my opinion, by far the Vitamix 750 is the best machine out there. If you are just starting your search, don’t repeat my mistake by inching toward the decision; you won’t regret it.”
- “I’ve tried pretty much every high end blender out there in the last 10 years and none can compare to Vitamix’s quality and warranty as far as I am concerned.”
- “Very happy with this Vitamix 750 as it runs amazingly, things become easier with this blender. Everything is grinded smoothly and my smoothies became more tasty. And also, the pearl grey color is beautiful and clean!”
- “I finally got the blender of my dreams. It is amazing and does not disappoint. The 750 G has presets but I lean towards low tech simple in all I do so the 10 settings would have been enough in hindsight. I do like the wash preset though. I’m glad I didn’t get the fancy-shmancy Bluetooth capable blender. I would never have used those features. I have not made soup in my blender yet so can’t speak to that yet. I think the price is slightly high because I got the model with presets. Maybe if I start utilizing them I’ll be glad I spent the extra. If you’re just looking to blend to your hearts content. This model is plenty and will make you happy.”
- “I was a little nervous at first because of the price tag, but I am consistently impressed with the power and versatility this blender possesses; it was worth every penny.”
- “I do find that I have to use the tamper to get things started a lot of the time but once the blades catch it’s all good. […] The presets are nice but I’m not sure I would miss them if I never had them so you could probably save a few bucks by buying the model that’s basically the same just with no presets.”
- “One think that disappointed me after all my research of this 750 model is that all the icons on the dial were lit up and when I got my machine; there are not lit up. I called customer service and they informed me that those icons will not light up on the newer 750 models.”
- “I soon bought the 32 oz. wet container, necessary to successfully blend medium size sauces, dips, ice cream, etc. Why have they not made smaller containers (like they have for the Ascent series)? I have yet to find a way to chop things like nuts, carrots, into small chunks (1/4 to 1/2 inch). Even in the 32 oz container, they pulverize at medium settings and don’t chop sufficiently at low settings […] I am disappointed there aren’t small containers that would perhaps accomplish the chopping function successfully.”
- “I love this very expensive blender I’ve bought, however, the product, or rather the manufacturer, loses a star because there is NO comprehensive directions or recipe book. There is a small somewhat vague recipe booklet but I know it does way more than the recipes in the booklet it came with. […] For example, I have no idea how to best use the different settings because it came with nothing describing each one. For such an expensive blender I expected more in the way of customer guidance.”
- “It did a great job and was an easy clean-up. The only problem we had was the VitaMix ‘danced’ across the counter. Trying to keep it from moving is a problem because of the torque of the motor. I am going to contact Customer Service again to see what they suggest. It is a great blender with exceptional capability.”
- “Price not worth the noise and performance. I got it initially being impressed that it ground things smoothly and was used by Jamba Juice and other major retailers. After using it for several years, I feel it is not worth the money: 1) After double blending in smoothie mode, it still had the sliced apple intact while pouring smoothie. 2) I tried to make date nut bars and the machine would crash (yes it’s to protect the machine) but defeats the purpose of paying a premium for powerful machine they claim it is. 3) It sounds fine in demos outside but is definitely too loud in a home. My kids run away when I run the machine.”
- “Not as good as I hoped. While it does grind up all my veggies nicely, it throws liquid out every time I open the center bit. It is also very, very airy that I feel I’m consuming as much air as I am liquid.”
Overall, the reviews of the Vitamix 750 are overwhelmingly positive.
Customers are impressed with its ability to get a perfectly smooth blend as well as its versatility which really broadens the possibilities of what you can make with it.
Others also appreciate the simplicity of the design, and the ease of use and cleaning.
Importantly, many customers also say that they use their Vitamix 750 multiple times a day for years and love it. Proven durability and longevity is very important for an expensive blender such as this one.
In fact, many people are outspoken about the fact that they wish they had bought it sooner! As one customer said, “Don’t hesitate like I did; GET ONE NOW!”
Do keep in mind though, that there are a few disappointments and complaints here and there, mostly based on the fact that more was expected from such an expensive blender. Things like whether or not the presets are something you would use, or container options, or noise level, are all things that might be worth considering or looking into thoroughly before making the purchase.
Is The Vitamix 750 Worth It?
So, when it comes down to it, is the Vitamix 750 blender worth the price tag?
Well, as we can see from the review above, the answer may vary from person to person. It all depends on what you are planning to use your blender for, what features you would find useful, how often you would use it, what qualities you deem most important, etc.
Here is a general idea of who should/shouldn’t buy the Vitamix 750…
The Vitamix 750 is the right blender for someone who:
- is willing to invest in a top-of-the-line Vitamix blender
- wants/will use the presets
- blends all sorts of things and wants/needs a powerful and versatile blender to use daily
The Vitamix 750 is not the ideal blender for someone who:
- wants to save money
- doesn’t need presets
- doesn’t/won’t use their blender daily
- doesn’t/won’t blend different blends (i.e. if you only blend smoothies and drinks, you don’t need a blender as advanced as this)
- doesn’t want to have to purchase additional containers in order to blend smaller batches
How to Use the Vitamix 750
Here are the general steps to follow when using the Vitamix 750:
- Put your ingredients in the blender jug in the following order: liquids, greens, soft ingredients, hard/frozen ingredients.
- Secure the lid on the jug and place the jug on the motor base.
- Make sure speed dial is pointed at the stop symbol at the top of the dial.
- Switch on on/off switch at the bottom right of the machine.
- Press the start/stop switch to start the motor. If using a preset, select the preset first.
- If not using a preset, slowly increase the speed using the dial. Or set the speed and use the pulse switch.
- While blending, use a tamper through the lid if needed to help push the food into the blades. Add more liquid/ingredients through the lid if needed. Stop to scrape down the sides if needed.
- Once well blended, dial down the speed back to the lowest and/or press the start/stop switch to stop the motor. If using a preset, wait until the program finishes.
- Turn off the on/off switch to power off the machine.
- Serve. Rinse and wash jug as soon as possible.
How to Clean the Vitamix 750
The Vitamix 750 conveniently comes with a Self-Cleaning preset. All you have to do is fill the pitcher ¾ the way up with warm water, add a drop of dish soap, select the preset and let it do its thing. Then rinse and let dry.
If there is still food remnants in the pitcher or around the blades after the self-cleaning cycle, just go in carefully with a soapy, non-abrasive sponge and clean by hand.
Where to Buy the Vitamix 750
The Vitamix 750 blender can be purchased directly from the Vitamix site.
Otherwise, you may be able to get one from Amazon, Costco, or other similar retailers.
Is the Vitamix 750 quiet?
The Vitamix 750 is quieter than most Vitamix models. At maximum speed, the noise level is about 88 decibels.
Can the Vitamix 750 go in the dishwasher?
No. The Vitamix manual says: “To ensure continued and effective performance, do not put the container, lid, lid plug or tamper in the dishwasher.”
Does the Vitamix 750 heat soup?
Yes. On high speed settings, the blades move fast enough to generate frictional heat which can create steaming hot soup in just minutes! Consult a recipe or the Vitamix cookbook to see how long to blend things to get them hot.
The Vitamix Professional Series 750 is a great option for those looking for a top-of-the-line, powerful, durable, and versatile blender that also offers user-friendliness and design simplicity. This blender offers convenience and dependability that will serve you delicious blends year after year after year.
What do you think of the Vitamix 750? Worth the price? Way too expensive? – Drop a comment or any questions you may have below!