Don’t be deceived by the colour – this peach spinach smoothie is incredibly delicious.
This refreshing summer drink is so simple to make with just a few wholesome ingredients that combine to subtly enhance and embrace the wonderful flavour of the fresh peaches. Oh, and it’s healthy!
How to Make a Peach Spinach Smoothie
Step 1: Gather ingredients
The key to this smoothies success are its ingredients. And they are super simple ingredients, but work together to create the perfect flavour balance. Trust me, too many flavours can ruin any smoothie.
First is, of course, peaches. You can use fresh or frozen peaches, but I definitely prefer fresh – they are much more juicy and flavourful.
Then there’s the spinach, which can be frozen ahead of time to make the smoothie nice and cold.
But the secret to making this smoothie to simple yet harmonious and delicious are these two ingredients:
- lemon juice – counteracts the greeness of the spinach and complements the peachiness.
- fresh basil – subtly complements the peach and takes this smoothie up another level flavour-wise. Alternatively, fresh mint goes splendidly with peaches as well and again adds that extra flavour interest you’re looking for.
And that’s it! Simple, but perfect!
Step 2: Blend!
Give this peach spinach smoothie a blend and let me know how you like it in the comments below!
Peach Spinach Smoothie
- 2 cups peaches (about 3 fresh peaches)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup water or milk
- 1 spoon of plain yogurt (optional)
- juice from half a lemon
- 2-6 leaves of fresh basil leaves
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth (about 30-60 seconds).
- Serve and enjoy!
- Try fresh mint leaves instead if you don't have basil on hand.