This peach smoothie with yogurt is so quick and easy to make, with just 3 simple ingredients!
You can of course elevate this simple smoothie by adding in other flavours, but this smoothie is still packed with plenty of delicious peachy flavour and nutrients as it is!
Reminiscent of the classic peaches and cream pairing, this peach yogurt smoothie is bound to brighten your day!
Are Fruit Smoothies With Yogurt Good for You?
Fruit smoothies with yogurt can be very healthy. Adding yogurt to fruit smoothies is a great idea for many reasons:
- Yogurt contains plenty of healthy protein and fats, which help slow down metabolism and reduce the glycemic load (blood sugar spike) of high-sugar fruits.
- The protein and fat content of the yogurt makes the smoothie more filling and satiating. And super creamy 🙂
- In addition to protein and fat, yogurt also contains many important micronutrients, including calcium, vitamin B12, and phosphorus.
- Yogurt also adds probiotics – these are the “good” bacteria that you want in your gut for proper digestion and gut health.
What Yogurt is Best for Smoothies?
There are several options for which yogurt to add to your smoothie.
First of all, there is flavoured yogurt and there is unflavoured yogurt.
For smoothies, I think unflavoured, unsweetened, plain yogurt is always best. This is because it does not interfere with the flavours from the fruits and other ingredients you are adding to your smoothie.
For example, instead of using peach yogurt, you can simply blend plain yogurt with fresh peaches.
The result will be much more flavourful and much healthier. Flavoured yogurt contains a lot of sugar, which is often unnecessary when it comes to smoothies. I always prefer to use only real, whole foods in my smoothies, and then add natural sweeteners to taste in the end, if needed. With this method, I find that I enjoy the natural flavours of the ingredients more, and usually don’t feel the need for additional sweetness.
Now, my very favourite yogurt to use for smoothies (and to eat in general) is Greek yogurt.
Greek yogurt is much thicker than regular yogurt. Its high (healthy) fat content makes any smoothie thicker, smoother, and creamier. It also has a very high protein content (12g of protein in 1/2 cup!).
Another yogurt option is low-fat yogurt, however this is the least healthy option. Low-fat yogurt may have fewer calories and fat than regular and Greek yogurt, but it tends to have a higher sugar content, as well as other additives.
How to Make a Peach Smoothie With Yogurt
Step 1: Gather ingredients
For this smoothie, you will need 2 cups of peaches, chopped into chunks. I use about 2-3 fresh peaches, but frozen peach slices is another option.
The liquid base of this smoothie is your choice of milk. I particularly like almond milk with this peach smoothie.
Then we need yogurt. This recipe calls for Greek yogurt which makes for a thick, creamy, and nutritious blend.
And that’s it! Those are all the key ingredients!
Of course, there are plenty of options for other complementary ingredients that you can add to elevate this smoothie, such as:
- Half a frozen banana, to make the smoothie a little sweeter.
- A splash of vanilla, to add to the whole “peaches and cream” theme.
- A handful of almonds or other nuts
- Dash of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of chia seeds
Step 2: Blend!
Do You Peel Peaches For Smoothies?
It’s a good idea to keep the skin on when using fresh peaches in smoothies. Like most fruits, peaches hold majority of the amazing nutrients and fibre that they offer, in the skin. I find the skin also adds flavour to the drink.
However, you do need a powerful blender in order to blend through the skin and get a smooth smoothie in the end without too many flecks of the peel.
If you do not like the peach skin, or it is making your smoothie too grainy, you can always peel the peaches beforehand.
Give this easy and delicious peach yogurt smoothie a blend, and let me know in the comments below how you like it!
Peach Smoothie With Yogurt
This peach smoothie with yogurt is so quick and easy to make with just 3 simple ingredients! Reminiscent of the classic peaches and cream pairing, this peach yogurt smoothie is bound to brighten your day!
- 2 cups peaches (2-3 fresh peaches, chopped into chunks)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened, Greek yogurt
Optional Bonus Ingredients
- Half a frozen banana, to make the smoothie a little sweeter
- Splash of vanilla extract, to add to the whole "peaches and cream" theme
- Handful of almonds or other nuts
- Dash of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of chia seeds
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend until smooth (about 30-60 seconds).
- Serve and enjoy!