This kombucha green smoothie is a refreshing blend of zesty kombucha and tasty fruits. There’s also spinach in it, but you won’t notice!
Packed with delicious flavours as well as important nutrients and probiotics – it’s the perfect drink for a healthy gut and a strong immune system!
How to Make a Kombucha Green Smoothie
Step 1: Gather ingredients
Kombucha – Any flavour should work well in this smoothie.
Spinach – Fresh or frozen. Alternatively, you can use kale. Just be sure to blend long enough to chop through those leafy greens so no grains get left behind.
Avocado – This ingredient is essential to getting a smooth and thick blend. Since the other ingredients in this smoothie are more “juicy” as opposed to creamy, the smoothie can end up grainy and watery without a thickening agent like avocado. Frozen avocado works particularly well for making the smoothie colder and even thicker.
Apple – Apple is naturally sweet and fresh. It goes great with the spinach as well as the citrus-y and zesty ingredients in this smoothie. I always leave the skin on for maximum fibre and nutritional benefits.
Peach or Nectarine – Adds a lovely sweetness and fruitiness. Pairs wonderfully with the citrus to mask the spinach.
Lemon or Lime juice – Helps cut out any “green” taste from the spinach, and enhances the zest and bright flavours of this refreshing smoothie.
Step 2: Blend!
Add all ingredients to your blender and blend for about 30-60 seconds until completely smooth with no graininess.
Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Kombucha Green Smoothie Benefits
The kombucha in this smoothie contains plenty of probiotics, which offer amazing health benefits for your immune system and overall health.
Probiotics are live, healthy, “good” bacteria that live your gut and help perform all sorts of important functions such as proper digestion and immune system functioning.
In addition to gut-friendly probiotics, this smoothie offers so many other nutritional benefits:
- Lots of fibre, particularly from the avocado, but also from the fruits and spinach. Fibre is great because it is food for those good bacteria in the gut, and it helps regulate digestion and metabolism.
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds, such as polyphenols, are found in the spinach and skin of the apple/peach/nectarine.
- Healthy monounsaturated fat from the avocado. Monounsaturated fats are considered to be “healthy” fats as they can help reduce cardiovascular risk. The healthy fat content also makes this smoothie more satiating and helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- Vitamin C from the lemon/lime helps support the immune system. Vitamin C also helps your body absorb the iron from the spinach.
- Plenty of other essential micronutrients such as vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamin A, B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, iron, folate, and more!
Give this kombucha green smoothie recipe a try and let me know how you like it!
If you love kombucha in smoothies, be sure to check out these other recipes:
- 1 cup kombucha (any flavour)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 apple
- 1 peach or nectarine
- Squeeze of lemon or lime juice (~1 tbsp)
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until thoroughly smooth (about 30-60 seconds).
- Serve and enjoy!