The Vitamix 7500 is one of the more expensive Vitamix blenders, but may just be worth every penny.
The incredible power and versatility of this blender, along with the shorter/wider container and easy user experience, make the Vitamix 7500 the perfect blender for many happy customers.
On the other hand, certain features, or lack thereof, can make this blender far too expensive for what you personally might get out of it.
If you’re considering purchasing the Vitamix 7500, be sure to read this guide first in order to determine if it is the right blender for you.
This guide goes over:
- Vitamix 7500 specifications
- Vitamix 7500 pros and cons
- Vitamix 7500 reviews
- Who should/shouldn’t buy it
- How to use and clean it
- Where to buy
…Let’s get into it!
Vitamix 7500 Specifications
|Vitamix Series||Classic G-Series|
|Dimensions||9.4 x 7.7 x 17.5 in.|
|Parts||-Motor base |
-Low-profile 64-oz container (BPA-free plastic)
-Spill-proof two-part lid with plug for tamper use and for adding ingredients while blending
-Stainless steel 4″ blades
-Getting Started Guide, Cookbook
-Built-in radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
|Controls||-Variable 10-speed dial |
|Warranty||7-year Standard Full Warranty|
Vitamix 7500 Pros and Cons
^Note that these are the main pros and cons, based on the blender’s specs.
Also note that there are always some qualities and features that can either be a pro or a con, depending on how you judge it. For example, some people consider the noise level of this blender to be a pro (because it is quiet for the level of power it has), while others consider it a con (because it is still loud).
In addition to the main pros and cons above, be sure to take a look at the reviews listed below to get a better idea of what people personally like and don’t like about the Vitamix 7500.
Vitamix 7500 Reviews
Here are some (slightly paraphrased) comments that customers have made about the Vitamix 7500:
What they like:
- Quiet/not too loud (given its power).
- Can make anything you want – smoothies, soups, pancake mix, sauce (including crushing of seeds and dried peppers), margaritas, grinding rolled oats in flours, nut butters (don’t need to add oil), frozen desserts (ex: sorbet from frozen fruits), jams, pureeing seeds, etc.
- Can blend all ingredients to a perfect texture (including flaxseed and whole ingredients). Can handle anything you throw at it.
- Pulse option is great for salsa.
- Easy to clean. Quick cleanup.
- Simple and quick to use.
- Shorter, wider 64-oz container is ideal for limited kitchen counter space. Fits under the counter and/or under cabinets.
- Looks great on the counter. Comes in red.
- Makes sense for those with health issues – saves money and improves health (in terms of juicing).
- No need for pre-programmed settings – just blend on high until done (and use tamper!).
- Large, low-profile container is great for large batches of soup.
- No sign of slowing down after 4 years.
- Used almost every day for around 6 years. No technical or other issues with it. “One of the best purchases I have made in my life.”
- Worth the money; pricey, but money well spent. Sits on kitchen counter and is used everyday.
What they don’t like:
- Disappointed with the container – if you make smaller batches, the tamper doesn’t reach the wide sides to help push food down. Doesn’t blend smoothly; there are chunks left behind. Only blends smoothly if you make huge batches. Other cheaper blenders can produce the same quality blended food.
- Low-profile container still does not fit on the counter under some cabinets.
- Low-profile container does not blend as well as taller and narrower containers. Takes much longer to beak down big chunks because blades cannot reach corner areas.
- Variable speed control doesn’t go all the way down to zero; even at the lowest speed setting, the blades start blending if the machine is turned on. For the price, you’d expect the variable speed control to be able to go to zero (i.e. blades come to a complete stop).
Overall, people don’t seem to complain too much about the Vitamix 7500.
The main con is the low-profile container being difficult to properly blend small batches with. This is definitely something to consider before purchasing a Vitamix with this container. If you tend to make small or single portions at a time, you may have a hard time using this blender and a narrower container would be better suited to you. For the pricetag of this blender, you don’t really want to compromise.
As mentioned above, certain things like if the noise level is acceptable or if the container can fit under kitchen cabinets, will vary depending on the user.
Who Should/Shouldn’t Buy the Vitamix 7500?
The Vitamix 7500 is the right blender for someone who:
- Uses, or will use, a blender everyday for a variety of blends.
- Is willing to invest in a durable blender to last a long time.
- Wants a versatile blender to make anything in.
- Wants a simple and intuitive Vitamix that’s easy to use.
The Vitamix 7500 is not the ideal blender for someone who:
- Is looking for a relatively affordable Vitamix.
- Doesn’t use a blender very often or for a variety of things; doesn’t necessarily need a professional-grade blender.
- Wants an advanced blender with various settings and/or smart technology.
- Wants a blender that’s small and light.
- Wants a blender they can throw in the dishwasher.
How to Use the Vitamix 7500
While this varies depending on what your are blending, these are the basic steps to follow when using the Vitamix 7500:
- Put your ingredients in the blender jug. For optimal blending, first add liquids, then soft ingredients, then hard/frozen ingredients.
- Secure the lid on the jug and place the jug on the motor base.
- Press the start/stop switch to start the motor. Make sure the speed control dial is at the lowest speed.
- Slowly increase the speed using the dial. Or set the speed and use the pulse switch.
- While blending, use a tamper through the lid if needed to help push the food into the blades. Add more liquid/ingredients through the lid if needed. Stop to scrape down the sides if needed.
- Once well blended, dial down the speed back to the lowest, press the start/stop switch to stop the motor.
- Serve. Rinse and wash jug as soon as possible.
How to Clean the Vitamix 7500
Rising or washing the blender jug and blades right after blending helps make cleaning easier.
The simplest method of cleaning the Vitamix 7500 is to fill the jug 3/4 up with warm, soapy water and give it a blend. Then rinse and let dry.
Alternatively, you can wash it by hand using a non-abrasive sponge and warm, soapy water.
The Vitamix 7500 is not dishwasher-safe.
For more detailed blender cleaning options, see this post.
Where to Buy the Vitamix 7500
The Vitamix 7500 blender can be purchased directly from the Vitamix site.
Otherwise, you may be able to get one from Amazon, Costco, or other similar retailers.
The Vitamix 7500 is a powerful, versatile, professional-grade blender that can cover your daily blending needs with ease and efficiency.
While expensive, customers love this blender because of its power and ease of use. However, some aspects of this blender may make it not worth the price for you. In particular, the low-profile container is not ideal for blending small batches.
I’d love to know what you think of the Vitamix 7500! If you’ve tried the 7500, or have any questions or comments about this blender, please leave a comment below!
Want to know how the Vitamix 7500 compares to other blenders? Check out this Vitamix E320 vs 7500 comparison.